Sunday, July 8, 2012

Spring Ball

I have had a great time this spring playing with my high school teammates and other friends on the Bay Area Bulls.  I have been fortunate to play with such an unselfish and great group of guys and I can't wait to play with them this July.


I am pleased with my performance this spring, although much of it is because of my teammates.  They set great screens, make the right pass, and are all threats to score which opens up lanes to drive.  Playing with four other great players at a time makes the game so much easier and enjoyable.  I hope to continue that into the summer.


Luckily my play this summer caught the eye of Steve Hu and other writers for norcalpreps.com and earned me some recognition and respect.  I'd like to personally thank Steve Hu for his constant coverage of these basketball events.   


The following is from an article posted on May 10, 2012 on norcalpreps.com:




Who has surprised you this spring?



Steve Hu: Grant Vermeer is the shooting guard for Bellarmine. Vermeer attended the West Coast Exposure camp last summer and he looked like a serviceable guard with solid fundamentals. One year later, the 2013 prospect had a great showing at NorCal Spring Showcase where he was able to score by all methods as he utilized ball fakes, acrobatic release points, and clean perimeter shooting form for his Bay Area Bulls club. Bellarmine finished this past season in the upper half of the West Catholic Athletic League which was a surprise. But next season, the 6-foot-3 Vermeer could be one of the better scoring guards in the league and lead his team to another top half finish.

If you want to watch, I'm going to post some links to some highlights of me during this spring AAU season.

Some clips from the 1st Annual Nor Cal Spring Showcase:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x_gL61feeU

Here is a write up from the 1st Annual Nor Cal Spring Showcase by Steve Hu: 


Grant Vermeer 6-foot-3 SG Bellarmine (2013) Bay Area Bulls: Vermeer displayed an uncanny ability to get to the basket fearlessly while finishing consistently. He has a quick first step and is quite acrobatic when finishing as he can use either hand and made some 360-degree spin layups. His offense is not one-dimensional as he connected from the three-point line a few times as well. For a guard, Vermeer has the size to post up smaller guards and is not hesitant in looking for his shots.


Here is a a mixtape put together by two of my friends from 2 games at city college later this spring:

Mixtape

Go follow them on twitter @BallTilliDie_ and follow me at @GrantVermeer21




No comments:

Post a Comment